Volunteer Wellness Policy Guidelines
Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City (RTOKC) prioritizes the health and safety of homeowners, contractors, volunteers, and staff. With the spread of the coronavirus or “COVID-19,” we all must remain vigilant in mitigating the outbreak and protecting one another.
In order to be safe and maintain operations, we have developed the wellness policies outlined below, to be implemented throughout the organization and at all of our work sites. RTOKC has also developed COVID-19 Exposure Prevention Policies for Contractors, which are available upon request. RTOKC will seek to follow all applicable and relevant government recommendations and may update the policies at any time.
I understand that I will need to sign and return a copy of this notice in order to perform volunteer activities for RTOKC. In addition please note:
• RTOKC will suspend all home repair activities unless the homeowner has given express written consent for those activities to continue.
• Homeowners authorizing home repairs are releasing RTOKC, its volunteers, its contractors, its directors, and officers from any liability or claims that may arise from exposure to pathogens due to home repair activities.
• Volunteers will notify RTOKC immediately if they or any other resident at their home has tested positive or has been in contact with someone that tested positive for COVID-19.
• RTOKC staff and contractors will try to avoid physical contact with homeowners to the maximum extent possible
• Homeowner has agreed to stay six feet away from any RTOKC representatives (volunteers, staff or contractors) performing repairs on the home, in a separate room from repairs being made when possible.
RTOKC Volunteer Wellness Policy Acknowledgment
I have received a copy of Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City’s Volunteer Wellness policy. I have read and understood the policy. If I have any questions about the policies stated I will ask a Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City Staff member to answer them. I shall follow all of the policies stated to the maximum extent possible. In addition, I realize that Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City may change the policies stated at any time.
I understand and acknowledge that even when following RTOKC Wellness policies there is still a risk for contracting COVID-19 or transmitting COVID-19 to others. I understand that failure to comply with the RTOKC Wellness Policies will result in my stoppage of work at a project home.
RTOKC staff members will be monitoring for compliance of safety policies and will have ultimate authority in all safety matters. I hold harmless Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, volunteers or agents (collectively “Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City Affiliates”) from any cause of action, claim, loss, demand, or suit arising from or related to: (1) the presence of any Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City Affiliate or Contractor(s) on or about the Premises, (2) any services provided by any Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City Affiliate or Contractor(s); (3) the negligence of any Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City Affiliate or Contractor(s); (4) any damages to personal or real property; or (5) any injuries sustained by myself, any of my family members, or any of my invitees.