Click here for a PDF printable version of the volunteer waiver.
Volunteer’s Agreement and Release from Liability
- Voluntary Participation: I have applied to participate as a volunteer in the Rebuilding Together OKC home repair project (the “Project”), in which the homes of disadvantaged persons will be repaired by volunteers. I understand that as a volunteer I will not be paid for my services, that I will not be covered by or eligible for any insurance coverage (if any) provided by Rebuilding Together, other Project volunteers or sponsors, or Project homeowners, including but not limited to medical, property and liability insurance, and workers compensation benefits. I further agree that my participation in the project may be terminated at any time by Rebuilding Together or by me. This release covers my participation any day I work for Rebuilding Together.
- Assumption of Risks: I AM AWARE THAT, BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROJECT, I MAY BE EXPOSED TO PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH OR DAMAGE TO MY PROPERTY AS A RESULT OF MY ACTIVITIES, THE ACTIVITIES OF OTHER VOLUNTEERS, OR THE CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH MY VOLUNTEER SERVICES ARE PERFORMED. WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THESE RISKS, I AGREE TO ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS OF PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH OR DAMAGE TO MY PROPERTY, AND I VERIFY THIS STATEMENT BY PLACING MY INITIALS HERE: ____.
- Release: In consideration of the opportunity afforded me to participate in the Project, I hereby agree that I, my successors, assignees, heirs, guardians and legal representatives, will not make any claim against Rebuilding Together OKC, Inc. or any of its affiliated organizations, or their officers, directors, employees, agents, or donors, or the suppliers of any materials or equipment that are used during the Project, any of the Project volunteers or sponsors, or any homeowner participating in the Project, for injury, death or damage resulting from the acts or omissions of any person or entity, however caused, arising from my participation in the Project. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, I hereby waive and release any rights, actions, or causes of action resulting from personal injury to me or my death, or damage to my property, sustained in connection with my participation in the Project; provided, however, that the injury, death or damage was not caused by an act or omission of another person that was reckless, wanton, intentional, or grossly negligent. I further consent to the unrestricted use by Rebuilding Together and/or any person authorized by it of any photographs, recording, interview, videotapes, motion pictures or similar visual or auditory recording of me created in connection with the Project.
- COVID-19: I agree: (a) Not to participate in the Project if I have had a body temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher during the previous 14 days or have suffered any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, the flu, or the common cold; (b) To have my body temperature taken with a non-contact forehead thermometer as a condition to entering the Project premises and will immediately exit the Project premises if my body temperature is 100.4 degrees or higher; (c) To comply with all project management, sanitation and cleanliness and “social distancing” rules, policies and guidelines established by Rebuilding Together that are applicable to the Project, including with respect to hand washing, wearing a protective face mask and gloves, and using my best efforts to maintain an appropriate distance from others; and (d) That I (a) am participating in the Project at my own risk and may be exposed to persons carrying or who exhibit symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, (b) have voluntarily assumed such risk and (c) have waived and released any and all claims related to the foregoing under paragraph 4 of this Release.
- Knowing and Voluntary Execution: I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A CONTRACT BETWEEN MYSELF AND Rebuilding Together OKC AND A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, I CERTIFY THAT I AM EIGHTEEN YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER OR HAVE DELIVERED THE CONSENT OF MY PARENT OR GUARDIAN TO Rebuilding Together OKC.
All volunteers are required to acknowledge and accept this waiver before engaging in a volunteer effort with our organization. Volunteers under the age of eighteen (18) are required to submit waivers approved, signed and dated by a legal guardian before engaging in a volunteer effort with Rebuilding Together OKC, Inc.
Click here for a printable PDF version of the Volunteer Wellness Policy and Acknowledgment.
Volunteer Wellness Policy Guidelines
Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City (RTOKC) prioritizes the health and safety of homeowners, contractors, volunteers, and staff. With the spread of the coronavirus or “COVID-19,” we all must remain vigilant in mitigating the outbreak and protecting one another.
In order to be safe and maintain operations, we have developed the wellness policies outlined below, to be implemented throughout the organization and at all of our work sites. RTOKC has also developed COVID-19 Exposure Prevention Policies for Contractors, which are available upon request. RTOKC will seek to follow all applicable and relevant government recommendations and may update the policies at any time.
I understand that I will need to sign and return a copy of this notice in order to perform volunteer activities for RTOKC. In addition please note:
• RTOKC will suspend all home repair activities unless the homeowner has given express written consent for those activities to continue.
• Homeowners authorizing home repairs are releasing RTOKC, its volunteers, its contractors, its directors, and officers from any liability or claims that may arise from exposure to pathogens due to home repair activities.
• Volunteers will notify RTOKC immediately if they or any other resident at their home has tested positive or has been in contact with someone that tested positive for COVID-19.
• RTOKC staff and contractors will try to avoid physical contact with homeowners to the maximum extent possible
• Homeowner has agreed to stay six feet away from any RTOKC representatives (volunteers, staff or contractors) performing repairs on the home, in a separate room from repairs being made when possible.
- Conversations with homeowners will be limited to electronic or phone conversations to the extent possible.
- If possible, homeowner agrees to wear a face mask when RTOKC representatives are on site. If Homeowner does not have one, RTOKC will provide one for them.
- Volunteers agree to the greatest extent possible, to maintain a distance of six feet away from the homeowner or other RTOKC representatives (volunteers or contractors) while performing repairs on the home, when allowed for by the safe completion of the task.
- Volunteers agree to use the provided porta potty and hand sinks instead of homeowner facilities.
- Volunteer agrees to wear gloves and face masks when on the homeowner’s property if at all possible, and at all times when within six feet of the homeowner.
- Volunteers agree to check in with volunteer coordinator before beginning repair to have temperature taken. If temperature is normal the volunteer may begin work as long as the other requirements are met. If temperature is elevated volunteer will be sent home and this will be reported to the House Captain immediately
- Volunteers agree to sanitize all tools after use in sanitation area provided
- Volunteers agree to only use sanitized tools from the area provided or volunteer’s own personal tools
RTOKC Volunteer Wellness Policy Acknowledgment
I have received a copy of Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City’s Volunteer Wellness policy. I have read and understood the policy. If I have any questions about the policies stated I will ask a Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City Staff member to answer them. I shall follow all of the policies stated to the maximum extent possible. In addition, I realize that Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City may change the policies stated at any time.
I understand and acknowledge that even when following RTOKC Wellness policies there is still a risk for contracting COVID-19 or transmitting COVID-19 to others. I understand that failure to comply with the RTOKC Wellness Policies will result in my stoppage of work at a project home.
RTOKC staff members will be monitoring for compliance of safety policies and will have ultimate authority in all safety matters. I hold harmless Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, volunteers or agents (collectively “Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City Affiliates”) from any cause of action, claim, loss, demand, or suit arising from or related to: (1) the presence of any Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City Affiliate or Contractor(s) on or about the Premises, (2) any services provided by any Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City Affiliate or Contractor(s); (3) the negligence of any Rebuilding Together Oklahoma City Affiliate or Contractor(s); (4) any damages to personal or real property; or (5) any injuries sustained by myself, any of my family members, or any of my invitees.