Click here for a PDF printable version of the volunteer waiver.
Volunteer’s Agreement and Release from Liability
- Voluntary Participation: I have applied to participate as a volunteer in the Rebuilding Together OKC home repair project (the “Project”), in which the homes of disadvantaged persons will be repaired by volunteers. I understand that as a volunteer I will not be paid for my services, that I will not be covered by or eligible for any insurance coverage (if any) provided by Rebuilding Together, other Project volunteers or sponsors, or Project homeowners, including but not limited to medical, property and liability insurance, and workers compensation benefits. I further agree that my participation in the project may be terminated at any time by Rebuilding Together or by me. This release covers my participation any day I work for Rebuilding Together.
- Assumption of Risks: I AM AWARE THAT, BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROJECT, I MAY BE EXPOSED TO PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH OR DAMAGE TO MY PROPERTY AS A RESULT OF MY ACTIVITIES, THE ACTIVITIES OF OTHER VOLUNTEERS, OR THE CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH MY VOLUNTEER SERVICES ARE PERFORMED. WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THESE RISKS, I AGREE TO ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS OF PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH OR DAMAGE TO MY PROPERTY, AND I VERIFY THIS STATEMENT BY PLACING MY INITIALS HERE: ____.
- Release: In consideration of the opportunity afforded me to participate in the Project, I hereby agree that I, my successors, assignees, heirs, guardians and legal representatives, will not make any claim against Rebuilding Together OKC, Inc. or any of its affiliated organizations, or their officers, directors, employees, agents, or donors, or the suppliers of any materials or equipment that are used during the Project, any of the Project volunteers or sponsors, or any homeowner participating in the Project, for injury, death or damage resulting from the acts or omissions of any person or entity, however caused, arising from my participation in the Project. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, I hereby waive and release any rights, actions, or causes of action resulting from personal injury to me or my death, or damage to my property, sustained in connection with my participation in the Project; provided, however, that the injury, death or damage was not caused by an act or omission of another person that was reckless, wanton, intentional, or grossly negligent. I further consent to the unrestricted use by Rebuilding Together and/or any person authorized by it of any photographs, recording, interview, videotapes, motion pictures or similar visual or auditory recording of me created in connection with the Project.
- COVID-19: I agree: (a) Not to participate in the Project if I have had a body temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher during the previous 14 days or have suffered any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, the flu, or the common cold; (b) To have my body temperature taken with a non-contact forehead thermometer as a condition to entering the Project premises and will immediately exit the Project premises if my body temperature is 100.4 degrees or higher; (c) To comply with all project management, sanitation and cleanliness and “social distancing” rules, policies and guidelines established by Rebuilding Together that are applicable to the Project, including with respect to hand washing, wearing a protective face mask and gloves, and using my best efforts to maintain an appropriate distance from others; and (d) That I (a) am participating in the Project at my own risk and may be exposed to persons carrying or who exhibit symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, (b) have voluntarily assumed such risk and (c) have waived and released any and all claims related to the foregoing under paragraph 4 of this Release.
- Knowing and Voluntary Execution: I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A CONTRACT BETWEEN MYSELF AND Rebuilding Together OKC AND A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, I CERTIFY THAT I AM EIGHTEEN YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER OR HAVE DELIVERED THE CONSENT OF MY PARENT OR GUARDIAN TO Rebuilding Together OKC.
All volunteers are required to acknowledge and accept this waiver before engaging in a volunteer effort with our organization. Volunteers under the age of eighteen (18) are required to submit waivers approved, signed and dated by a legal guardian before engaging in a volunteer effort with Rebuilding Together OKC, Inc.